- This event has passed.
A Frog House Halloween Hilarity
October 30, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Our mission is environmental Advocacy, Collaboration, and Education
Featured Speaker: Michael Boller, PhD, Program Director of Sustainability at St John Fisher
- Creative Contests and Activities
- 1 pm open house
- 3 pm entrance registration
- 3:30 pm introductions Featured speaker Michael Boller
- 4 pm apples, pumpkin pie and hot cider
- 4:30 pm Mission and Purpose Sandra Frankel, Rob Corby and Margot Fass,
- 4:45 pm Lindsay, Fundraising pitch
- 5:00 pm Kahoot, raffle pull, prizes
- all afternoon: A Frog House, educational activities, stone and pumpkin painting stations; spooky background music.
Adults $7, Families $15, Raffle tickets $3 each, Donations welcome,
Sometimes like magic things just come together, and we are hoping to have cooperation from the weather.
It all came from our new, bright and enthusiastic interns. At a team meeting, RIT Senior in Industrial Design Ruth Chin suggested we have a Halloween Party for College Students.
Shubham Parkhe, MD (St. John Fisher’s Master’s in Mental Health Counseling), Lindsay Graham (65 State Street owner) and Bonnie Abrams (A Frog House event planner) all enthusiastically supported the idea.
The very next day, in the pouring rain, a young man by the name of Nate brought his girlfriend Isabelle Rowley, a Sustainability major freshman at St. John Fisher, who was bemoaning the fact that only 7 students are enrolled in the program. As soon as they left, I wrote Mike Boller, who immediately replied with his agreement to participate.
Brief presentations, educational stations, and a lively discussion of why all of us need to put sustainability at the top of our agendas will co-occur with fun contests and activities, including contests for the best frog costume, frog rock painting, frog pumpkin carving, face painting and a raffle, with prizes! Music, dancing, and refreshments too.
Please register by October 28 at midnight so we can plan refreshments and materials.