Submissions are open to all ages. Cash prizes of $50, 30, and 20 will be awarded for first prize, second prize, and third prize. We are grateful to the donor for this total of $100, a poet in her own right, for her contributions.
Deadline for submission is July 8 @ 11:59 pm.
Winning poems and some of the poems which receive honorable mention, will be published on A Frog House site. (See Terms & Conditions)
All contestants must register for this contest by
- filling out our digital submission form, by entering his or her name, email, age, and mailing address, and include a brief (50 words or less) third-person biography that includes your name and why you love frogs!!
- agreeing to A Frog House Poetry Contest Terms & Conditions in order to enter.
- submitting up to two original, unpublished poems (limit 40 lines, including white space between stanzas), through our digital submission form, with a subject line that reads “[your name]/frog poetry submission.” ( Teachers may submit poems on their students’ behalf).
- including at least one of the following WORDS: frogs, salamanders, newts, toads, caecilians, amphibians, AND “A Frog House” somewhere in the poem.
- Including any of these SUBJECTS: the environment, climate change, calls to action—anything you feel pertains to frogs, facts about them, their importance, threats to them, what can be done to help in today’s challenging world.
Dr. Margot Fass and/or volunteers appointed by A Frog House, will judge the poetry contest. Voting may be opened to the public.